Google’s distinguished engineer Matt Cutts in one of his interviews have shared that taking links from high PR websites is not enough to get ranked. One of the best ways to get quality links is participation in discussions of your business relevant website. Since forum are discussion board, getting links from there may help your website to rank high in Search Engines.
Always keep in mind: Never stuff your keywords and links in discussions, always be genuine and try to help others by sharing your knowledge. Include the links with your keywords in the signature section. Due to recent Panda and Penguin updated most of the forum now gives nofollow signature links. So how to work?
Let’s Get Started
Since relevancy is an important criteria make query on Search Engine for forums with your keywords, for example: if you are searching iPhone industry forums make a search with “iPhone forums”. Google will show you a big list but not all are supposed to work on from SEO’s point of view.
How to Choose Forum to Work On?
- There are a lot of criteria that you must check while selecting a forum to work on.
- The Page Rank of a forum is the first criteria that you must check. Greater the PR more valuable is the forum. (Pick forums of least 4 PR to work on).
- The traffic of a forum matter a lot. Check the traffic of the forum, is forum getting a nice amount of visitors so you may get a good number of discussions to get involve every day?
- Is forum having good amount of threads (depending on your personal knowledge) in which you can participate, share knowledge and get links.
- Last but most important, does the forum gives dofollow links in the signature.
There have been a number of updates in the algorithm of search giant Google and Yahoo’s CEO Marissa Mayer have also made number of significant changes. They are more concentrated about providing quality results to users and so the simple world of SEO has become a lot more complicated.
As Google have declared content as the King, getting dofollow links from blogs is like travelling miles without any vehicle. This post is concentrated on how to do blog commenting and what measures to check for getting a dofollow link from blogs.
There are number of things that you must check on a blog while making a comment if your want link juice from that content. Let’s start from very beginning.
How to Make a Search
If you are using Search Engines as your tool for searching blogs that give you dofollow links then you must know a few really good scripts that show your desired blog posts. Make a search query with a keyword+“script” (for example mobile applications “please enter the code you see in the image”). Then limit the searches to blog from the menu bar of search engine. Since most of good blogs closes commenting after a week or more so again limit the search results to a certain period.
What to Check in Blogs
Click on multiple links and for each and every blog check a few criteria for making comments.
- Check the PR of the blog (It should be equal or greater than your website PR).
- What is the traffic of the blog? (high traffic shows high-quality)
- How recent the posts are made (blogs that makes post frequently are good quality)
- The relevance of the blog to your website.
- Does the blog allow commenting with option of website or HTML tags in comment?